Meg is a skilled physiotherapist with the highest level of training in manual and manipulative therapy. She prides herself on conducting a thorough examination to get to the root of your injury/dysfunction and provide a comprehensive treatment approach that may include the following:
- Hands-on therapy using mobilization and manipulation [as appropriate] to improve joint mobility and tissue dynamics
- Acupuncture [as appropriate] with or without electrical stimulation to stimulate disengaged muscles and/or settle hypertonic muscles
- Specific exercise prescription that is unique to your imbalances with either written instructions or videos to carry-out a self-guided rehabilitation program
- Modalities such as taping/bracing [as appropriate] to decrease pain and allow injured tissue to rest
She has worked with a variety of populations and is comfortable treating a wide spectrum of musculoskeletal injuries. Her unique training in Pilates, acupucture and manual therapy give her a critical eye in recognizing dysfunction in movement and providing a very specific, individualized treatment that puts you in control of your own rehab.
Below are some examples of common conditions treated by Meg. This list is by no means exhaustive, but will help you determine if treatment may be of benefit to you.
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Muscle strains & sprains
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Running & sport-related injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (joint replacements, ACL repair, knee and shoulder arthroscopic surgery*)
- "Sciatic" pain
- SI joint pain
- Tendinopathies and soft tissue injuries (i.e. Rotator cuff tendinosis, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, runner's knee, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinosis)
- Post-natal weakness (not including pelvic floor physiotherapy)
* It is important to note that the treatment space has a small flight of stairs and may not be accessible to those with mobility issues.